Terms and Conditions.
Thanks for visiting the 2dqcard.co.nz website of Two Degrees Mobile Ltd (2degrees) and Q Card. By using our website you agree to comply with all applicable New Zealand laws and to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
Thanks for visiting the 2dqcard.co.nz website of Two Degrees Mobile Ltd (2degrees) and Q Card. By using our website you agree to comply with all applicable New Zealand laws and to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
What’s the 2dqcard.co.nz shop?
The 2dqcard.co.nz shop is your place to get a 2degrees SIM card loaded with 12 months’ worth of $19 Carryover Combos and purchase the latest top-brand mobile devices using your Q Card or Q Mastercard.
Important things to know
When you shop online with us, we’ll assume you’ve read and agree with these things along with any other terms and conditions that we show you while you shop. If you have any questions that aren’t answered here, feel free to call 2degrees on 0800 022 022 day or night.
As you read through, we’ll often use the word “you”. This refers to anyone who uses the 2dqcard.co.nz shop. Similarly when we say “we”, “our”, “us” or “2degrees” we’re talking about Two Degrees Mobile Limited and/or Q Card and any related company that provides you with 2degrees goods or services.
You need to have a Q Card or Q Mastercard to use the shop. Also, it’s important that you give us all the information we need otherwise we may not be able to complete your order.
When you place an order, you’re making an offer to buy something from the 2dqcard.co.nz shop according to these terms and conditions. From there, we’ll most likely accept your order by processing your payment and sending you the things you bought. But we may, for any reason, decline your order or a part of it. If that happens we’ll always let you know using the email address you’ve given us, or by phone. We don’t consider any order to be accepted until we’ve processed your payment and sent out the things you bought.
Keeping things accurate
We always aim to make sure everything you read in the 2dqcard.co.nz shop is both up to date and accurate. But you need to know that occasionally information in the 2dqcard.co.nz shop might have errors or omissions. While we do our best to avoid that, we can’t take any liability for these errors or omissions. Also, we may change the information in the 2dqcard.co.nz shop from time to time without notice.
Choice of colours
We always do our best to accurately display and describe the colours of anything you see advertised in the 2dqcard.co.nz shop. Having said that, we can’t guarantee the colour of anything delivered to you will exactly match the colour you see on your screen. Partly that’s because the colours on computer screens and printers can vary quite a lot.
What you pay
All prices are in New Zealand Dollars and include GST.
If for some reason we have something listed with the wrong price or some incorrect information, or we are out of stock, we reserve the right to cancel your order (regardless of whether you’ve paid for it). But if you’ve already paid for an order that needs to be cancelled we’ll refund you in full and let you know what we’ve done using the contact details you gave us when you placed your order.
Finally, the things we sell in the 2dqcard.co.nz shop (and the price of them) may change at any time without notice.
The way you pay
You can buy things from the 2dqcard.co.nz shop with a Q Card or Q Mastercard on a Flexi Payment Plan, just as long as those cards are valid.
Cancelling or changing your order
When you make an order and get your order number, you have committed to buying the item(s) from the 2dqcard.co.nz shop. Having said that, we understand that sometimes people make mistakes. So if that happens, call 2degrees on 0800 022 022 straight away (and in any case within 7 days) and we’ll do our best to fix any problems. As long as your order hasn’t been processed, we should be able to make any changes you need. We may even be able to cancel the transaction if that’s what needs to happen.
Our “Change Your Mind Guarantee”
We know that sometimes things arrive that aren’t quite what you wanted. So we’ve designed the “Change Your Mind Guarantee”.
If you need to return a mobile device just call us within 20 days of your order. As long as the mobile device is still packaged up like new, we’ll take it back with no questions asked. By “packaged up like new” we mean the mobile device is in its original box, the box is unopened and undamaged, and all external wrapping and seals are intact.
If you change your mind on a mobile device, call 2degrees on 0800 022 022 and we’ll send you out a postage-paid courier bag, together with a Change of Mind form. You need to complete the Change of Mind form and post this back, together with your unopened mobile device, to the address given on the form within 30 days of purchase.
If you return a mobile device that we don’t consider to be “packaged up like new”, we won’t be able to refund you. Instead we’ll give you a call and we may also ask you to pay for the handset to be sent back to you.
Unfortunately, the “Change Your Mind Guarantee” doesn’t apply to SIM cards.
However, if we consider that your new handset is not “packaged up like new” then we won’t be able to refund you and you will have to pay us the remaining balance outstanding on that handset or an early termination charge (as the case may be) if you wish to terminate the Plan to which your new handset is connected to. We may also ask you to pay for the handset to be sent back to you.
Getting things delivered
We can only deliver things you buy from the 2dqcard.co.nz shop to physical addresses in New Zealand. This doesn’t include PO Boxes or Private Bags.
We’ll email you confirmation when your order is sent. If we’re sending something in or around Auckland it should arrive ‘next working day’. Any orders sent to the rest of New Zealand could take up to two working days to arrive. But whenever you place an order we’ll send a ‘track and trace’ ID with your confirmation email so you’ll always know exactly where your order is.
Getting things delivered on time is important to us, but we can’t guarantee delivery times. So we can’t be liable for any loss, cost or expense caused by delay in delivery.
Couriers need a signature before they’ll hand over an order and they won’t deliver to addresses that are obviously unoccupied. So if you’re not there, or they aren’t sure that everything is as it should be, they may decide that it’s best not to deliver your order. In that case, they may leave a card for you to call them and arrange for your order to be redelivered or picked up from the nearest depot.
We’re responsible for the items you’ve ordered until the order is signed for by you or someone on your behalf. Once you’ve got the order, it’s yours and you’re responsible.
For a limited time we’ll pay all courier charges for all the purchases that you make from the 2dqcard.co.nz shop. When we change this we’ll make it very clear on the website.
Sending things back (Returns Policy)
If for any reason the handset or SIM card we send you isn’t exactly what you ordered, or turns out to be faulty, we’ll do our best to get that fixed really quickly.
Just contact us on 0800 022 022 day or night as soon as possible and we’ll send you a postage-paid courier bag so you can send the order back to us.
Change of Mind / Wrong Device
If you wish to return a mobile device because you have changed your mind or the device is not what you thought it was, then you may be able to do so. Please see the “Change Your Mind Guarantee” section above for more information.
In addition, we if have sent you the wrong device, we’ll replace it for you at no cost. Just make sure that the box of the device you receive is unopened and undamaged, and all external wrapping and seals are intact.
You’ll also need to fill out a form that we’ll send with the courier bag and include a copy of your receipt. It’s important to note that we’re not responsible for the items you send back until they arrive at 2degrees.
If somehow the device we sent you turns out to be faulty as soon as you open it up then we will replace it for you at no cost. Just call us within 7 days of purchasing your device on 0800 022 022 and we will send you a courier bag so you can return it. A different process applies if you purchased an Apple device – please see below for details.
If we take a look at your handset and it turns out not to be faulty then we’ll send it back to you without replacing it or giving you a refund.
If the device you purchased from us stops working at some point during the applicable manufacturer’s warranty period, just call us on 0800 022 022 and we will let you know how you can return the device for repair.
At this point, you may need to pay a bond to cover the cost of inspection by the manufacturer. If there is a genuine fault with your mobile device you’ll get the bond back and the manufacturer will repair or replace your mobile device as stated in their warranty terms. Warranty claims are also subject to the other terms and conditions that you’ll find in the manufacturer’s warranty applicable to your device.
If you need to send a mobile device back for repair or replacement, there is the chance you might permanently lose any contacts, ringtones, messages, games or other downloads that you have saved into your handset. So we recommend that before you send a handset back to us, you make a back up of this data. 2degrees isn’t responsible for any loss of data from your handset in the case of repair or replacement.
Please note that if you have purchased any Apple device and on receiving the device it turns out to be faulty or is faulty at any time during the manufacturer’s warranty period, just call us on 0800 022 022 and we will let you know how you can return it for repair. We will not require you to pay a bond in respect of your Apple device and if there is a genuine fault with the device the manufacturer will repair it or replace it in accordance with the terms of their warranty. Please read the manufacturer’s warranty that comes with your Apple device carefully.
How the law looks after you
Whenever you buy something as a consumer you’re looked after by the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. 2degrees is totally committed to meeting all our responsibilities under the Act. The only time you aren’t covered by the Act is if you’re buying something for a business (see below). Also, there are the other things that we’ve mentioned in these terms, or elsewhere in our Prepay Terms and Conditions that apply to your use of the 2dqcard.co.nz shop and the purchase of products from it that may limit our responsibilities outside of the Act.
If you buy something from the 2dqcard.co.nz shop for your business, the Consumer Guarantees Act does not apply. So that means that our liability to you (or anyone claiming through you) is limited to the amount you paid for the specific product that your claim relates to. This doesn’t affect your rights under our “Change your Mind” guarantee or our Returns Policy.
Looking after your information
Your order number
If you buy something from the 2dqcard.co.nz shop and need to talk to us about it, it’s much easier if you can give us the order number. If you don’t have that, you’ll need to know the credit card number you used to complete the order. That’s so we can make sure you are who you say you are.
Credit Card Security
It’s really important that you can use your credit card safely in the 2dqcard.co.nz shop. All of the payments are processed by Flexi Cards own gateway that complies with best practice and industry security standards.
2degrees owns all the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in this site or licenses those rights from someone who does. Everything on this site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted. We are happy for you to use this site for your own non-commercial purposes but you must not otherwise use, modify, reproduce or distribute any material contained on this site without 2degrees’ permission in writing.
While we do our best to ensure this site is secure, we provide no warranty or guarantee that the site is free of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference that may damage your computer or any other device, or that access to this site will be uninterrupted, timely or secure.
Except to the extent it cannot lawfully do so, we exclude all liability we may otherwise have to you or anyone else for any direct, indirect or consequential damage, loss, cost or expense arising out of the use of this website.
Third Party Advertisements
You agree that we have no responsibility for the content of third party advertisements on this site. The appearance of third party advertisements on our site does not constitute our endorsement or recommendation of the advertised product or service and we shall have no liability of any nature for any failure of, or other defect in, third party products or services offered or advertised through this site.
From time to time our website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience. We accept no responsibility or liability in relation to any content or security of the other website(s). Having the links on our website does not mean that we endorse the website(s) or their contents, and you access them at your own risk.
Changes to these terms and conditions
Every now and then, we might need to make changes to these terms and conditions, which we’ll do by publishing them right here in the 2dqcard.co.nz shop. As soon as any new terms and conditions are published, all orders you make from the 2dqcard.co.nz shop are subject to the latest terms and conditions on the 2dqcard.co.nz shop at the time.
If for any reason any of these terms or conditions are unenforceable or invalid, the rest of them will always, to the maximum extent possible, remain in full force and effect.
Your use of the 2dqcard.co.nz shop is governed by New Zealand law.
And that’s it. So enjoy using the 2dqcard.co.nz shop and if there’s anything you need or anything you’re not sure about, just give our team at 2degrees a call on 0800 022 022 at any time.
2degrees/Q Card Offer Terms and Conditions.
- These terms and conditions apply to the offer (Offer) conducted by Two Degrees Mobile Limited (2degrees) in conjunction with Consumer Finance Limited and Columbus Financial Services Limited together “Q”.
- The 12 months interest free offer commences on 5 December 2016 and is ongoing.
- The Offer is only available to existing Q Card or Q Mastercard holders on a Flexi Payment Plan who use their Q Card or Q Mastercard to make a qualifying purchase online through the 2dqcard.co.nz website.
- This Offer is not available in-store.
- These terms and conditions apply in addition to the 2degrees Prepay Terms and Conditions and Carryover Combo Terms and Conditions.
- To qualify for the 12 months interest free offer you must purchase a 2degrees Prepay SIM card with 12 months’ worth of $19 Carryover Combos (Minimum Purchase) using your Q Card or Q Mastercard.
- If you purchase the Carryover Combo you are eligible to purchase any of the handsets on 2dqcard.co.nz interest free for 12 months using your Q Card or Q MasterCard
- Each Carryover Combo is valid for 1 month and will be applied to your Prepay account on the same date each month starting from the date that you redeem the offer by following the steps detailed on the wallet containing your 2degrees SIM card.
- Each Carryover Combo will continue to auto renew on the same date each month even if you purchase an additional Carryover Combo and that additional Carryover Combo is still valid.
Q Finance terms
- Annual account fee of $50 applies. Existing cardholder fee of $35 applies.
- Minimum payments of 3% of the monthly closing balance of your Q Card or Q MasterCard balance or $10 (whichever is greater) are required throughout the interest free period.
- Paying only the minimum monthly payments will not fully repay the loan before the end of the interest free period. Standard Interest Rate, currently 25.25% p.a. applies to any outstanding balance at end of interest free period.
- Rates and fees correct as at date of publication, subject to change. See qcard.co.nz or qmastercard.co.nz for details.
- 2degrees and Q assume no responsibility for, and you release 2degrees and Q from, any loss, claim, damage, or injury to person or property as a result of your participation in this Offer, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- We reserve the right to extend, change or terminate these terms and conditions and/or this Offer at any time. We’ll let you know if we do this by posting new terms on the website at www.2dqcard.co.nz.
- By making a purchase with your Q Card or Q MasterCard online from www.2dqcard.co.nz, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
“you” means you, our customer and/or user of the 2degrees services and website.
“we”, “our”, “us” and “2degrees” means Two Degrees Mobile Limited and/or Two Degrees New Zealand Limited and includes any of our related companies.
To deliver the highest standard of service, we will ask you to provide us with personal information from time to time. At 2degrees, we believe it is important that you know how we treat that information.
This policy outlines how and why we collect information from you, how we store it, how you can access and correct that information and when we might disclose information to other people.
We will collect information about you when you visit our website and mobile application sites, complete 2degrees application forms, enter 2degrees promotions or competitions, sign up for Your 2degrees and/or Your 2degrees Broadband (for instance, your name, address, contact number(s), email address, etc), and when you call our Customer Care or when we make any calls to you.
We will also collect information about you when you buy and use 2degrees products and services (such as call and text message information (including date, time, some content, duration, and the number contacted), and information on your browsing activity that occurs when you are using our internet services (such as websites you have visited, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, when an internet browsing session is started and ended using your account, and any content you may access using any online content service we provide). We may also look at where your mobile device is from time to time, and how much you’re spending.
Other entities, like marketing organisations and credit reference agencies, may also provide us with information about you from time to time.
If you choose not to provide information when we ask for it, certain services and/or product features may not work properly or we may not be able to provide you with service or a product altogether.
We hold and use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including:
- Processing application forms and any online transactions you make;
- Carrying out credit checking and scoring (if you have agreed);
- Billing you;
- Providing and assisting you with product(s) or service(s) you request;
- Monitoring compliance with the terms and conditions of 2degrees service(s) and product(s) you purchase and use, including our Fair Use Policy;
- Offering you rewards, special offers, competitions and other promotions;
- Providing you with information on new 2degrees product(s) and service(s) and/or products and services of carefully selected third parties we think you might like;
- Responding and following up on any queries, complaints or requests you might have made, and other customer care issues;
- Complying with legal, governmental or regulatory agencies’ requests in connection with the regulation of telecommunications services, and in connection with any legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention or detection, or prosecution;
- Training our staff, monitoring our network(s) and service(s), and maintaining our system(s).
You agree that we and our agents may send you marketing messages, electronic or otherwise, about (amongst other things) our rewards, special offers, competitions and other promotions, and those of our agents or third parties which we consider may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing messages from us and our agents at any time through Your 2degrees.
Sometimes we may disclose your information to third parties (some of whom may be located outside of New Zealand). These third parties may include:
- Dealers and suppliers whose products and services support our service(s) or our network(s), including the providers of infrastructure where your information is processed, and providers involved with monitoring and protecting the operation and security of our network(s);
- Our dealers and agents, contractors and advisers;
- Other network operators as required to provide and/or support the product(s) and service(s) we provide to you;
- Credit reference agencies (if you have agreed) who may share your information with other organisations and who may keep a record of the searches we make against your name;
- If someone else pays your bill, such as your employer, that person;
- Our advertisers, customers, potential customers and associates with whom we may share aggregated information such as user statistics and other information that does not personally identify you;
- Persons we are legally obliged to provide your information to, including law enforcement agencies (such as the police, or the Serious Fraud Office), emergency services, government departments and regulatory authorities, as well as any person or organisation authorised to obtain your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 and/or the Telecommunication Information Privacy Code 2003;
- Other service providers who use our network(s) to provide services to you;
- Any of our potential or actual assignees or transferees, such as a potential purchaser of our business.
To maintain and improve the service(s) we provide to you, we may monitor and record calls you make to us or we make you.
Unless you request our caller line identification restriction service (CLIR) your mobile phone number may be displayed to the person you have called. Where you have requested CLIR, we will prevent your mobile phone number being shown to the recipient of your calls. Your mobile phone number may however still be displayed to us, the emergency services, or when you send a text message.
Access and Correction
You can access personal information that we hold about you by contacting us in writing. If the information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may ask us to correct the information.
If you consent to receiving emails or other communications from us, but later change your mind, just let us know and we will take you off our list. Get in touch via our ‘Contact Us’ web page.
Change in Policy
We may need to amend the terms of this Policy if our practices change. If we do so, we will post the updated version on our website (at www.2degreesmobile.co.nz/privacy).
$19 Carryover Combo Terms
Things you need to know
- Unlimited* free calling to 2degrees mobiles:
- You must have an active $19 Carryover Combo.
- Minutes will not appear on Your 2degrees or the 2degrees Mobile App.
- Carryover Combo is valid for 1 month and auto-renews monthly from date of purchase if you have enough credit.
- You can use your Carryover Combo to call and text any standard NZ and Australian landlines and mobiles, on any network (while you are in NZ). Calls to premium rate numbers are excluded.
- The 100 any network minutes, Unlimited Text and 500MB of NZ Carryover data included in your Carryover Combo can only be used while you are in NZ.
- You can use your Carryover Minutes to call Voicemail and one minute will be deducted for each call you make.
- Fair Use Policy applies.
- Any Carryover Minutes and Carryover Data under your Carryover Combo that you haven’t used in a month will carry over to the next month for up to year, provided you keep your Carryover Combo active. Any Carryover Minutes and Carryover Data (if any) from the previous month will always be used before new minutes and data allocated under your Carryover Combo.
- If your Carryover Combo does not renew on the renewal date because you don’t have enough credit, then your Combo’s accrued Carryover Minutes and Carryover Data will be put on hold for 14 days, which means you won’t be able to use them. To renew your Carryover Combo and keep your Carryover Minutes and Carryover Data you will need to Top Up (min $20 Top Up applies) within the 14 day hold period. Alternatively, you can keep your Combo’s accrued Carryover Minutes if you renew or buy a Talk & Text Pack within the hold period.
- If you do not renew your Carryover Combo (or buy or renew another eligible Pack) in the 14 day hold period you will lose all your Combo’s accrued Carryover Minutes and Carryover Data.
- If you want to unsubscribe simply text ‘STOP 19carry‘ to 233, or do it online at Your 2degrees. You’ll still get to use any minutes, texts or data remaining, until the expires.
- If you use all your minutes, texts or data before your Combo runs out you will be charged our Prepay rates.
- Calls are rounded up to the nearest minute.
- 3G coverage is required for 3G services.
- You can only have one Carryover Combo at any time.
- Check out the full Terms and Conditions.